CROSSROADS CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER (now on facebook)
CrossRoads offers a developmental child care program which works with each child at his/her own level to encourage a healthy appreciation of self and to guide the child to group socialization. Furthermore, each child is a person of value who should have every opportunity to develop physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. This will occur in an environment that exhibits love and concern for each child by:
* stimulating learning experiences
* respecting the individual needs of each child
* creating a climate of positive interaction between the child, teachers and other children
* encouraging a foundation of partnership between parents, child care staff and church members based upon mutual trust and recognition
* building a good relationship with each family and expanding on the foundation provided at home
* being a faith based center in the community where all are welcome
CrossRoads staff strives to provide a welcoming environment where children learn and grow through hands-on exploration. Learning is accomplished through a combination of teacher-directed and child-initiated activities. The whole child is nurtured through the use of individually appropriate activities, materials and equipment. It is important that time is taken to observe and to get to know each child in order to respond to individual needs. This is accomplished by providing appropriately challenging activities, allowing the children to feel good about themselves and to get along well with others.
"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'"
-Matthew 19: 14
Please visit our webpage to find out more about our many programs as well as our staff!